?? Virus or not?

mrsm_jones

Hi there. This popped up on my mac today. I've not being doing anything dodgy, not visited any sites I shouldn't have and haven't downloaded anything dubious from the internet. Does this look legit, or just another crap pop up from somewhere please??

The thing that had me wondering is that it's the correct internet provider and location, and I'm not experienced looking at stuff like this on a Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 6.55.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 6.55.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 6.55.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 6.56.51 PM.png

So these are affecting Macs now. LOL. It's bogus. But in all seriousness, STOP USING SAFARI!

It is the browser that is exploited with this crap. It also takes Apple forever to update it. Please use something like Firefox. Since you are here, chances are you do something with Photography. Firefox is Color Managed. Chrome is not. 

• Like 1

Yeah, they know that all Mac users have Safari, so they target that browser. The only time I've ever gotten those type of pop-ups is when I'm using Safari. It's even more funny when I'm using Firefox and a "Windows Pop-Up Appears doing a "Scan" while using Firefox on my Mac. It's so bogus it's not even funny.

• Like 1