Best photo browser for Mac/PSE user

Kelmolan

Hi, I'm new and have had a look around for the answer to this but was unable to find an anything...

I have a Mac and only PSE.  I know to avoid Photos but as a PSE user I don't have access to Bridge, so which photo browser would you suggest I use?

Thanks

You can use Raw Right Away to view Raw files in the Finder. Photo Mechanic is also a popular and recommended tool, but it costs $150. If you shoot Nikon, you could use their free photo-viewer program, ViewNX. I personally use ViewNX and have for years. It's good for something basic, but as with practically all Nikon Software, it's buggy and is quirky...and it's free. I'm sure there are equivalent software products from the other camera manufacturers.

The main question should be is, are you doing this professionally or is it just a hobby? If you are shooting professionally, then time is money and I would certainly recommend upgrading to the full version of PS CC for $9.99 a month, which includes Bridge. For a hobby, it's really up to you. If you take lots of photos, wasting hours trying to find things is kinda nuts. The only real way to get around not using Bridge or a similar software (free or otherwise) is to have a rock-solid organizational file structure. Then all you would need is something like Raw Right Away to view the Photos while searching through the hard drive. 

As far as Canon, they have their own viewer software. Your camera should have came with a CD that had the viewer software that I'm talking about, so look for what it's called and download the current version from Canon's Website.

For me, it's just a hobby.  I've downloaded a trial of photomechanic and will have a play with it over the next month. It looks great (except for the price!) 

I'll also check out Canon.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Photo Mechanic is the industry leading software for what you want to do and it works really well. The alternative is paying $9.99 a month (plus applicable taxes) to have PS CC. So let's round that to $12 a month, conversationally speaking. After 12 months at $12, that's $144. So in a sense are paying $150 either way, or close to it, after a year.