What cord would be best for micro HDMI to VGA?

I just upgraded my screen for editing but will still be using my Lenevo laptop for my computer for now. I need an adapter from micro HDMI to VGA and don't want to get a poorly made one. Suggestions? I did a Dell screen through your suggestion on your site and want to get up and moving with it! TIA

Does your screen have any other ports besides VGA? It's really better to use a digital port such as HDMI, DVI-D or DisplayPort. 

VGA has been around since the late 1980's and is being phased out. Plus, colors are better, contrast is better, and things look sharper with a digital port. 

To answer your question, Cable Matters usually makes good stuff:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00879EZJI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1456610108&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=micro+hdmi+to+vga&dpPl=1&dpID=41JxWvqGEgL&ref=plSrch

Do I just need to use the USB? And not those other cords? The directions that came with said to 1. verify contents of package 2. remove cover and place monitor onto stand 3. connect the monitor using ONLY ONE of the following cables: the blue vga or white dvi 4. connect the USB cable to the computer 5. adjust monitor 7. connect power and press power.

No, the USB ports on the display are just pass-thru ports, they don't transmit video. :)

You are actually at a good point for us to get you straightened out. Here is what you need to do:

1. Remove the VGA cable.
  2. Either purchase this 3 Foot Micro HDMI to DVI cable or this 6 Foot Micro HDMI to DVI cable.
  3. Hook one end into the laptop, and the other end into the big white port that is next to the VGA port on your Dell Display. 

That's all you need to do. In fact, the image on the display will be better. VGA was only meant for CRT (Tube) Displays up to 20". It's not meant for today's fancy flatscreens. In fact, they are really being phased out now and I don't expect to see VGA ports on anything within the next 5 years.