Jump to content

50 Lens


stevie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here is the thing with lenses, they are often at their sharpest (usually) 1 Stop Down from their widest Aperture. A f/1.2 lens is sharp at f/1.8. A f/1.4 lens is sharp at f/2.0, etc. Even my 70-200 f/2.8, things are so much better at f/4.

Now for the other side of f/1.2...at that aperture, your Depth of Field is really thin. So 98% of the time, you are blowing the shot and for the other 2% of the time, the Chorus of Angels opens up singing behind you.

f/1.2 is hard to nail consistently. You have to really have your technique down and it's not a "Run and Gun" Aperture setting. In reality, the difference between f/1.4 & f/1.2 at 50mm is about 1/8th of an inch. Meaning you have 1/8th less wiggle room at f/1.2 than you do at f/1.4. 

So what problems are you having a specially? Are you using traditional focus or back-button focus? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...