EHD recommendations?

Gena

Hello,

I am looking to replace 2 EHD, I am not a professional photographer, but I do take millions of pictures of my family. My 2 EHD have been purchased from Costco "WD" and worked really well, but they are both full now. I was hoping to get suggestions on what and where to buy?

I like G-Drives, but they tend to be a little expensive. Personally, I avoid the $79 Special at Costco / Best Buy / Whatever when it comes to my EHDs. 

How much are you looking to spend?  Do you have a Thunderbolt Port on your Mac?

I am not sure what a thunderbolt Port is... I am wanting something that will hold a TON of pictures, I shoot Raw files so the EHD seems to fill up quick.

Being that I am wanting something that will hold a lot of pictures, I think I am probably looking around a few hundred dollars?

I purchased some memory from Crucial and when it came I was in shock what I bought! I am so stupid. I should have bought 2 sticks of the 8GB but for some reason I bought 2 sticks of 4GB each. :-(

Edited by Gena
forgot to add more to my responce

Hi Brian,

Is this a good choice on a EHD?    G-Technology 4TB G-DRIVE G1 USB 3.0 Hard Drive. Found it on B&H Photo for $179.95?

Oh shoot, I didn't see your response before asking you that question up there ^^^ lol lol  sorry

The Thunderbolt Drive has both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports. The difference is data transfer speed. Thunderbolt is faster, though USB 3.0 is no slouch either. In addition, G-Drives are Mac formatted, you just plug them in and go. For capacity's sake, I wouldn't go anything less than 4TB, especially if you take lots and lots of photos. 

• Like 1