Press printing - CMYK settings

Hi, I created the attachment (along with many others) for my daughter's birthday party.  The attachment is just a screenshot of the PDF. I color matched all of the files in PS so the pinks and blues should be exactly the same as the invite colors - the invites ordered online came out nice.  I ordered these prints on cardstock from an office supply store that offers printing services as well.  When I picked them up, the pinks and blues look much darker and more brown than what I'm seeing on my computer and even compared to what I printed on my home printer as a test.  

To create the files for print, I flattened the PSD files and saved as PDF - however, I didn't save with a color profile of CMYK.  Do you think that's the reason the colors look more brown and yucky in print and is there anyway to convert my existing PDF in RGB to CMYK?  Are there particular CMYK settings that I need to be mindful of?  I called the printer and they are going to try and match the colors to be more pink and teal like on the screen but for future reference, I'm wondering if I had something wrong in the color profile settings when I saved the file for print.  Thank you!

5x7 printable_food tent_pancake  bar-page-001.jpg

Have you read this before?

Did the printer ask for CMYK?

Was the first print run CMYK as well?

4 hours ago, Blsiegs said:

To create the files for print, I flattened the PSD files and saved as PDF

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2010/05/making-pdfs-from-photoshop.html

I did the same with the first print run as I did with these by flattening and saving as pdf in rgb - maybe I just got lucky with the colors being okay.  I just read the article you linked to - never read that before but wish I had.  I thought pdfs would be treated the same as jpegs with flattening and never looked into doing anything different.  Definitely won't do that again.  The printer didn't say anything about CMYK - I even asked about it and they said that shouldn't be the issue.  After reading up on it though, I'm not sure how it's at least not part of the issue.

I just spoke to someone else at the printing place who says they use cmyk.  Can I take my existing pdf files and convert from rgb to cmyk or should I go back to the original layered psd file and save again?   Unfortunately there are about 20 pages to print in 4 or 5 layered psd files.

6 minutes ago, Blsiegs said:

I just spoke to someone else at the printing place who says they use cmyk.

And?  Did they tell you exactly which CMYK profile to use?

7 minutes ago, Blsiegs said:

Can I take my existing pdf files and convert from rgb to cmyk or should I go back to the original layered psd file and save again?

Go back and save them again.