Help with glasses for a newbie!

Angela Buxton

Hi guys. I am going to learn to do this myself eventually, but this is needed for a gift for a family friend and I don't want to balls it up! Can anyone get rid of the reflection on my Dad's glasses in this shot please? YES, I know this is a crappy, out of focus shot. It was a throwaway series I snapped 2 years ago testing a camera. Turns out it was some of the last photos of my late Mother (on the right) I ever took, so the series is special and I'm framing a couple as a gift for a neighbour. I can send you the jpeg if necessary. Cheers!

B.jpg

Bcrop.jpg

These were in jpeg, before I started shooting RAW. Honestly, they were never meant to be anything other than throwaway faffing around, but there's a series of about 9 and they're like a flick book of fun and larking about. My Mum died suddenly of cancer last year and it was one of those situations where found things after the fact (these photos, answerphone messages etc) mean SO much.

If it was any other reason I wouldn't keep them because of the quality.

They were edited in ACR but no noise reduction was done or sharpening.

• Like 1

I've tried copying and flipping the other eye now, but if I select the whole glasses frame the lighting is different (from the right, not the left) and you mention lowering the opacity - I have zero idea how to do that as I'm an absolute beginner in PS. Also, if I just select the eye itself it will look weird as it will be visable with glare around it!

HELP!

8 hours ago, Angela Buxton said:

I've tried copying and flipping the other eye now, but if I select the whole glasses frame the lighting is different (from the right, not the left) and you mention lowering the opacity - I have zero idea how to do that as I'm an absolute beginner in PS. Also, if I just select the eye itself it will look weird as it will be visable with glare around it!

HELP!

May I see?

1 hour ago, Angela Buxton said:

If you'd read my original post you'd know this is time sensitive and I cannot wait the length of time it would take to learn to do it myself easily. Hence my asking for help in the first place.

So sorry, Angela -- I didn't realize that "gift for a family friend" meant a time-sensitive project.  My point simply was that Damien won't go into class material here.  I'm sure he'll get you sorted on the other stuff here, though, and if you can't work out how to change layer opacity, post about it in the class for his help. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Angela Buxton said:

If you'd read my original post you'd know this is time sensitive and I cannot wait the length of time it would take to learn to do it myself easily. Hence my asking for help in the first place.

Just to be clear, you are looking for someone to do this for you? Not to show you how to do it?

On 12 March 2016 at 3:37 AM, Samantha LaRue said:

Just to be clear, you are looking for someone to do this for you? Not to show you how to do it?

Yes please. I know I won't do it good enough as I've no idea how to sort out the difference in lighting etc. I think there was a website someone posted a while ago where you can get editing done that's reliable?