Banding in black seamless background

LisaFrost

I have a wrinkly/uneven paper backdrop, Ive used frequency separation to apply a gaussian blur to smooth the background.  On doing this, i'm getting banding.  Ive tried adding 1% noise, added 50% gray layer but still banding. Ive even tried to replace the whole background with a gradient layer but I still get banding on that!  Please help.  I'm using a 27inch retina mac, 8 bit. The first jpeg is the banding sample, 2nd is poor. What I am doing wrong!!!

5S4A2426 copy.jpg

5S4A2426SOOR.jpg

Mixed information is exactly right.  The truth is, it might be in the print or it might not.  There are three possibilities:

1. The file has no banding, but your screen isn't very good, so it shows banding.  The printer also isn't very good, and it prints banding.
  2. The file has no banding, but your screen isn't very good, so it shows banding.  The printer, however, is very good, and it doesn't print banding.
  3. The file does have banding, and your screen is good, and shows it.  The printer also prints it.

As long as you did the background exactly like this, I guarantee there's no banding in the file.

Thanks of that.  Ive had a crack at replacing the background.  The masking took ages and its still not perfect.  What can I do so that I so not have to deal with this each time?  I have just purchased seamless to help with less editing but it has had the opposite effect.  I was using a stretchy black piece of fabric before which in hind site was pretty good!  Zero reflection and banding. Thanks very much for your help :)

5S4A2426 copy.jpg

Would I need to go to my normal pro printers or would my local Harvey Normans be good enough?  Want to get the prints back today if possible ?.  I have to order online for my pro- nothing local