Extending seamless background

Hello. I am super new to PS. I have Elements 14 and am hoping to learn to extend backdrops in these instances. I bit off more than I could chew with this one... I thought it would be easy to do, but can't seem to make it look good no matter what I do. Can you assist? Any suggestion on where to start with Photoshop training would be wonderful too! 

I n the first image, is there any way to extend the background behind her? I have a few like this. 

The rest are more like the second image. In the second image, I just need to extend the background on each side. (Simple enough, I thought.  But I am so new to this... )

C. Cake Smash- J. Sheridan Photography-00058.JPG

C. Cake Smash- J. Sheridan Photography-2.JPG

40 minutes ago, JessicaKMsheridan said:

Any suggestion on where to start with Photoshop training would be wonderful too!

Best in the business, I promise: http://www.damiensymonds.net/training.html

40 minutes ago, JessicaKMsheridan said:

(Simple enough, I thought.  But I am so new to this... )

These are not simple at all.  Don't feel bad that you haven't been able to achieve them.  Let me play a little and see what's possible.

I watched your Gradient Filters video on the seamless last night and thought to myself- oh no......  This is not "simple" at all. I  may just get away from backdrops all together! OR invest in the 120" width! I may even turn it sideways. I was hoping it would be as easy as painting in the missing backdrop. Glad to see it is possible, but Oui! I have a lot to learn.

I will work on getting you a closeup of the back of her head tonight. 

Thanks!