Thumbnails won't generate in PSE 15

I got my 5DMIII in February and have been using PSE 15 without any problems since February. But now, all of a sudden, the thumbnails won't generate in the Organizer. I don't think I've done anything different with my camera, PSE, or computer settings. I cleaned, emptied every cache I could find, ran CCleaner and defragged. What's the deal?

Imported the same way as always. I don't even know another way to do it. I plugged the card into the card slot in front of the computer. I only shot RAW, but save the edited file as a jpg.

Yes. I have the files on both the sd and the cf cards. I haven't imported by hooking the camera up directly.

It's happening with 2 different cards.

Ok. Have a happy party! I've found a temporary method that is working slowly, but it's working. Thanks for your help.

From what I'm reading, this is a very common problem, with no reliable solution.  Did you see this page?  Also, do you have any older versions of Elements still installed on your computer?

I can't help giving you a big fat "I told you so".  Organizer has always been a terrible feature, and NOBODY should use it.  If you're ready to make the change, watch this then this.

Sorry, I have taken so long to reply. I've been at the hospital with a sick granny. I hadn't seen that page. I'll try it. Also, I will install Bridge and learn to use it. I had installed it before, but hadn't wanted to have to learn something else. I'm cranky in my old age, you know. I'll do better. Thanks so much for everything!