Wanting to future proof with calibrator

Guest Salena Stinchcombe

Guest Salena Stinchcombe

Hi there, I've read all your articles on calibrating and I'm close to purchasing however hesitating on which one ...

Main reason is, I'd like to be as future proofed as much as possible as I've sold my husband on this purchase by saying it's the only one I'll ever need ....  am I right?  I was thinking the Spyder 5 pro would probably be fine for me, but if I'm only going to buy one then I may as well stretch to the top tier.  If I do stretch to top tier, is one better than the other?  

I mainly use a laptop, but do have a couple of screens I may use as well.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Salena

Guest Salena Stinchcombe

Thank you Damien.  I will make the stretch.  Would you recommend the Spyder 5 Elite over the X-Rite i1Display Pro?  Or should I just get the cheaper of the two?

Also, being in NZ I can get things a bit cheaper overseas, however I'll buy local and spend more if I need to get support.  Is this the kind of product that I may need to return or will it be fine getting it from overseas?

Thank you, I'm really excited to be making this purchase!

32 minutes ago, Salena Stinchcombe said:

Thank you Damien.  I will make the stretch.  Would you recommend the Spyder 5 Elite over the X-Rite i1Display Pro?  Or should I just get the cheaper of the two?

Both are great products, and I feel the X-Rite is a little more user-friendly, but the Spyder Elite has better controls if working with multiple monitors, in my opinion.  However, you'd be happy with either one.

33 minutes ago, Salena Stinchcombe said:

Also, being in NZ I can get things a bit cheaper overseas, however I'll buy local and spend more if I need to get support.  Is this the kind of product that I may need to return or will it be fine getting it from overseas?

I hear ya!  I bought mine from overseas for the same reason.  Thankfully I've never needed support or a return, but you're right, I would have been in some bother if I had.