Is my monitor Wide Gamut?

Today I began the process of calibrating my monitor on my HP Envy laptop (windows 10). I followed your directions precisely and every single time the color and the brightness and the contrast were COMPLETELY off. I tried and tried and tried. I adjusted everything (except "technology type" - I left that at White LED). It was completely off, regardless of what I did. Then I tried it on my old laptop (also an HP) and it worked fine. So I started reading through all the questions and I discovered the person who said that their monitor was wide gamut and that they had been trying White LED without working until they switched to Wide Gamut. So I gave it a whirl. And it seems to have worked. I am need to compare my prints to my monitor tomorrow, during daylight because my interior lights are way too dim and yellow to make a true comparison right now. Anyway, I was just wondering how I can know for sure if my monitor is Wide Gamut?

Well, to be honest, it sounds like you HAVE found out that it is wide gamut. If the calibration is better, that sounds good enough to me.

And that's good news - it's nice to have a W-G monitor.  Just be aware of the browsing and other issues that I discussed here.