Color problems after editing in Photoshop

I recently started having a weird issue in Photoshop.  I will edit my photo in Photoshop and then after I save the Raw file to a jpeg the color seems to be darker when I view it on my PC.  Any suggestions?  I thought it might be a Windows Viewer issue but today I added a few photos to my website and the color was darker also. So now I am really confused.  Not sure if I accidentally changed something in my color space.

557A4117 photoshopped.jpg

557A4117.JPG

That was an awesome article. Thank you so much it was very helpful. I tried using both sRGB and ADOBE RGB and the pic looked the same with a darker color.  Should the depth be 8 bits or 16?  I currently use 8 bits. Maybe I am not saving it correctly for output.   I currently use the following when saving as a jpeg:

Color:  ICC Profile - sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Image Options: 12 Maximum

Format Options: Baseline (Standard)

What was the color profile of the image prior to you reading the troubleshooter, and how did you change it to sRGB?  Make sure to convert the profile, not assign it. Go through the second troubleshooter linked at the very end of the first one for steps on fixing a file already saved in the wrong color space. 

My color profile was sRGB. I also have it set to sRGB in camera raw so my pic will open in that color space.  When my pic came out looking dark I changed it to Adobe RGB to see if there would be any difference.  How do you convert the profile and not assign it? I didn't see that info on the troubleshooter.  Not sure if I am looking in the correct place.

If you went all the way through the troubleshooter Damien linked, it would have linked you to troubleshooter #2: http://www.damiensymonds.net/art_tscs2.html

What you have your color space set to in camera is completely irrelevant if you're shooting in raw.  It's your raw processor that assigns the color space to your files.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this file now with the document profile indicator turned on?  That's where you look to see the color profile.

I haven't changed any settings in my camera.  I just change it in ACR.  For some reason I can't attach a screen shot.  It is set to sRGB for the color profile.  Thanks for your help.  I will read the troubleshooter to try and find out what is going on.

I contacted Microsoft and asked them if anyone else has been having an issue with their Windows Viewer to view photos.  Microsoft remotely checked my computer and now I don't seem to be having an issue with dark colors. Not sure what he did but I think the problem is fixed because I am not having the same issue anymore.  Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.  This is a wonderful forum!

Edited by PhotographerBrenda