Hello! I received prints only to find horrid banding in the whites. I've printed several back-light photos and never had a problem until today. Is this something I can remedy through adding noise? Is there a better solution? Here is a 700 crop, the jpg I sent for print and for fun, a cell shot of the print. I print at Pro DPI. I have the Spyder5. Thank you!

700_crop_0162.jpg

0162_7x10.jpg

20170510_175740.jpg

Yes, I added a levels adjustment to bring down the window brightness (backlight). I can see the halo when I zoom in. It's a first and I shoot & print this set up often. 1. How can I fix it? 2. I can barely see a hint of banding. Is there something I can do to check for banding before I print? 3. Which class should I take to help? (I've done RAW.) 

Thank you. 

I am referring to the several diagonal lines, in a squiggle sort of pattern just above the halo (poor masking). Maybe banding is the wrong word. It stands out in the picture of the printed photo, and I can see it in the file when I pull the blacks aggressively in the levels layer (as you suggested).

Just the one levels layer. I put the *test levels layer on the top, pulled the blacks aggressively, then turned each layer below on and off. The banding occurred with the levels adjustment layer use to bring down the whites and masked into that window backlight area.

Yes (er, I hope so)! So, I re-did levels layer and masked the other way. I used checked my masking by using the test levels layer with the aggressive blacks to make sure there was no banding in the blown out area. Here is that mask.

0162C_mask.jpg