matching laptop/desktop calibration?

Hi all!

I think I know the answer but figured I'd ask anyways--is there a way to get your laptop and desktop calibration to match? I used to edit solely on a laptop until I got my desktop--now I exclusively edit on that but would like to be able to bring my laptop with me to edit, when needed.  I use the Spyder4Pro to calibrate both but they look pretty different. 

Thanks!

They never matched my laptop perfectly.

The lighting is different where I have my desktop set up (versus where I would normally edit with my laptop) and I switched labs (ordered new prints when I started editing exclusively on my desktop); not sure if either of those play a factor?

Ok, I feel it's really important to establish the connection between these two statements:

1 hour ago, melanieswanson said:

The lighting is different where I have my desktop set up (versus where I would normally edit with my laptop)

6 hours ago, melanieswanson said:

would like to be able to bring my laptop with me to edit, when needed.

And to ask you if you've read this article (particularly the very last paragraph):

https://www.damiensymonds.net/2012/01/light-around-your-computer.html

Yes, I've read that.  And I understand that a laptop is not the best choice for editing. I don't plan to edit extensively on it; I just would like it to match my desktop closer so that during busier weeks, I can bring it with me and get some editing done when I'm away from home and also so that I can use it while I'm out of town for shoots/weddings.  I like to be able to post a few pictures right away for marketing purposes.  It's not like I want to go back to editing on my laptop; this is just for a small percentage of the time.  If it's not possible, that's fine; I just thought I'd ask.