New iMac and new Snyder pro 5

So I am wondering..... I still do order product from the old lab for clients who get that the quality is awesome.

how the hell do people order different product from different printers.....

thank you for returning today to help me!

I wonder if my old lab corrected my images? I never chose that choice in my order. No, you said they look good on your end. Looking forward to their print getting to me.

4 hours ago, Inkelaar said:

The images I do have from old lab were edited on my old computer.

That's absolutely fine.  it doesn't matter what computer they were edited on.

Please compare those prints to your new screen, and tell me how they look.

lol yes that would ideal but they have products that I want to give to clients :) 

cheaper and faster............I know you get what ya pay for!

thanks for your help. I will jump back over after I get the next two batches!

~B

One last question....

i just noticed that 

bridge images do not match in color to camera raw or  PS

what color settings should it be on?

edit>color settings

it does not offer my calibration setting

north American general purpose 2 matchs best

thanks

Everything (Bridge and Photoshop) MUST remain on "North America General Purpose 2", exactly as you said.  DO NOT CHANGE THEM.  If you have changed them, CHANGE THEM BACK.

Then, all three (Bridge, ACR and Photoshop) will match identically.  If they don't, let me know.

OK I am still waiting on prints from Prodpi....meanwhile I thought what the heck let me upload some images to see what they look like on their uploading software.

WTF!!!!!! I don't wanna freak because I don't have prints yet but what the hell? 

Is this normal?

The lighter image is my bridge/CRAW image the darker image is the prodpi upload software.

What gets me is some of the images translate fine, in color etc, but some still look dark on their uploader. Like when I am scrolling through their upload software along the bottom some are correct color that matche my computer and then there are some that look like they were never edited however in my camera raw/bridge they look fine.

desktopwtf.jpg

Hi! Got my prints back from ProDPI the color is much better and very close.

the highlight areas and skin especially  in my creek image (darker image) still look kinda muddy.

better but still a bit dark and muddy..... do I lower my brightness a bit? 

Thanks

ok got second order from ProDPI and the screen shot above (light/dark) the image in my hand is the darker image.

these set of images for my clients look like shit. I would never use me again. 

I feel like I am in quicksand. I can't edit because chances are I will have to re-edit and clients are asking "where are my photos"

I have been editing with my desk in the same place for years and getting good prints back. There is a lot of north window light where I sit. 

I know I am grasping at straws but is it the windows and this calibrating Spyder?

I started by comparing to the screen at my desk with the computer. Holding the print to the left of the monitor facing the window. It seemed at least two stops darker. So I though let me just walk out side and see if they lighten up any. Of course they were a bit brighter but still very similar to the above screen shot as far as brightness and darkness.