Shadow On Baby's Face

nicolebimber

Hi Damien! 
I'm hoping you can help me with the unfortunate shadow on my infant's face in this image. It was a quick few shots while on a stop during a road trip and I didn't notice the darned shadow until I was editing them. I have about 8 shots like this and hoping there's a fix because I adore this image of my little guy! If you need it, I can attach the SOOC. 

Thanks so much! 

Caison-1-3.jpg

1 minute ago, nicolebimber said:

hoping there's a fix because I adore this image of my little guy!

Yes, I've had very good success with these in the past.  I'm sure we'll be able to manage it.

Just now, nicolebimber said:

I did, yes. 

Wonderful!  Can you post your SOOR for me?  (Raw edits done, but no Photoshop work)

• Like 1

Yes, I thought the only way to provide a true SOOR is through processing a RAW through ACR and not through Lr because the files are converted to DNG's? The original I posted is straight out of Lr, with no Ps work done but is manipulated in Lr. 

Oh no, it doesn't matter which raw program you use.  "SOOR" simply means "raw editing done".

However ...

2 hours ago, nicolebimber said:

The original I posted is straight out of Lr, with no Ps work done but is manipulated in Lr. 

... that was catastrophically bad.  I just want to see the clean-processed SOOR.  Nothing "artistic", just good exposure, white balance, etc.

I'm emailing you the finished full-size file at the moment.  You should receive it soon.

I can't possibly tell you how I did it, so even though I know you came here for help, not editing services, I hope you'll accept the file.

No charge of course, but PLEASE promise me you'll sign up for the Raw Class very very soon.  You REALLY need help.