Apple 5k monitor

I just received my new iMac today and am setting up the calibration. I have a couple of questions.

1. When I follow the instructions you suggest  with the use 'Normal Gamut" setting, it popped up during calibration that it detected that the monior was wide gamut and did I want to change the setting to wide gamut. I did- is that correct?

2. When looking at the apple site it says the following:

"The Retina display uses P3 color that shifts away from standard white LEDs to advanced red-green phosphor LEDs. So all three colors — red, green, and blue — are more equally represented and show off real-world color with more balance and precision."

Soooo do I still use the White LED for backlight, or should I change that to RGB LED? 

Thanks.

1.  This is a common question.  It seems to do it persistently for "in-between" screens - the ones that have slightly bigger gamut than normal, but not right up there at the Adobe RGB end of the range.  I'm afraid I don't have a better answer than: The proof is in the result.  If you try one way, and the print match isn't as good as you'd wish, try the other way.

2. Yes, sounds like you should use RGB LED.  Again, though, the answer is:  Try both ways if necessary.