Liquify on pattern

Breza0.o

This guy was so relaxed, it was impossible to curl his hand closer to his brother, so the fingers are sticking straight out. Is there any way to edit it to be more of a "hug?" I tried liquify but it looked bad because of the patterned blanket. Thank you!

20170717_hah_William Demetri Twins_0108.jpg

Terrific.

There are two possible answers to your question.

1.  Find a more suitable hand from another shot, and put it in there.  This could be easy, or insanely hard, depending on what hands you can find.

2. Google "Puppet Warp Tutorial".  It's designed for exactly this purpose.  However, it'll be a bit of a learning curve, so allow lots of time.  (In fact, before you even start, ask yourself if it's worth all the time it will take.  How important is this to you?

If you go for Option 2, make sure you do it on a duplicate of the background layer, because you'll need to clone out the original hand.  Read this article to see what I mean.  The cloning will need to be very careful, because it will be painfully obvious if you don't line up the fabric texture properly.

Meh. That sounds like a PITA. There is no other suitable hand... :( Well, I've been meaning to learn how to puppet warp anyway. The hand is sticking out like this in about 8 images, but I guess I only need to get it right for one; then I can use that hand for the others. I might throw 10 bucks at retouchup and see what they can figure out in the meantime LOL. xD If they're able to get it, I can steal THAT hand for the others! Thanks, Damien! B|

This is what they came up with last night while I was asleep. Thoughts? What's the best way for me to add shadowing? I attempted to burn some shadows so the thumb isn't floating but that didn't work so well. Should I stick with the original or does this work?

20170717_hah_William Demetri Twins_0108b.jpg