JenLewis

Help with rain drops on shirt

JenLewis   

I have a load of these. Is there a reasonably fast way to get rid of the rain drops? Levels works but it's tedious. 

PRINGLEdavid_0049.jpg

Rain on light side.jpg

Rain on shadow side.jpg

The pattern on this shirt is going to be trouble.  Not because of the rain, but because of moire.  Have you noticed any?  How many photos do you have of this young man in this shirt?

Fortunately the rain fix and the moire fix (if necessary) are independent of each other, so there's no particular order that you rigidly must do them in.  Once you've fixed the colour space problem, we'll begin by discussing the rain fix; then we can talk about moire if it arises.

• Like 1

JenLewis   
2 hours ago, Damien Symonds said:

The pattern on this shirt is going to be trouble.  Not because of the rain, but because of moire.  Have you noticed any?  How many photos do you have of this young man in this shirt?

I thought it would be a bigger problem than it has been so far. I'm going to go deal with colorspace. I had to do a fresh install a while back and things haven't been right since...hopefully this is why and we can fix it up.

• Like 1

Good.

This is my raindrop fix.  Whether it's better that your Levels one remains to be seen, but I'm sure it will be easier.

First, add a dodge and burn layer.  Don't do anything on it at the moment.

Then add a Channel Mixer layer.  Enter these values:

• Red 0, 0, +111, -17
  • Green 0, 0, +115, -17
  • Blue 0, 0, +100, 0

Mask that on to the shirt very carefully.  Overall it will change the tones of the shirt slightly, but nothing to worry about.

Then return to the D&B layer, and paint very low opacity white to dodge any spots that are still troublesome after the Channel Mixer adjustment.

• Like 1