Help!Client Worried Images aren't HIGH RES

Hello! My client is worried his images in Pixeset are not high resolution. I always save the images in Photoshop at 300 res and around 16x24 or close to. Then I load them into Pixieset and they can download the gallery in high res and another in websize files. Now he's asking me questions about the MB size and I don't know what to say. I've never had an issue before!! Can someone please read his email (attached) and help me answer? Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

IMG_4462.PNG

Edited by Marie21
Spell

Ah, Pixieset.  This is a really tricky one, that arises from time to time.

It's my understanding that there are different tiers of membership for Pixieset, is that right?  I'm told that you have to pay a higher fee for them to NOT resize your images (that is, to host them at the size you upload them).  Are you aware of that too?  If so, do you know if you've paid for that level of membership?

So Pixieset shrinks the pixel dimensions of your files, AND re-compresses them - really aggressively.

I've done some file comparison in the past, and even though you can see, when you examine really close, that the Pixieset files are degraded in quality, it's not enough degradation to actually make a difference to the print quality.  You may rest assured of that.

However, it's DAMNED hard to convince a client like yours that their smaller files will print fine.  Clients are funny like that.

• Sad 1

I actually have read the first one before. But I know I need to read it again! Saving files and sizes get so confusing! I thought I had it right with my file sizing and resolution. When I print them in albums and prints they are perfect 

You are amazing. Thank you so much!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Marie21 said:

What do you recommend that I say to him?

If you wanted, you could try to show him 100% crops from your file, and the equivalent pixieset file, and encourage him to look closely and see how the quality is barely any different; but even as I type this I know it's just too much hassle.  The customer is always right, even when they're wrong, I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

Haha that does sound like a pain! I will maybe just say,

" Pixieset compresses them a bit for faster download, but they are still High res and you won't see a difference in the print quality. I will send you another link! " 

Then I can send him a link to download the original ones. How's that?

Edited by Marie21