HIGHLIGHTS CLIPPING

When I saw this histogram in the back of my camera I wasn't expecting all these highlights clipping since the histogram just barely hit the far right side, what should I look in my histogram to avoid this problem? I used a flashlight camera left.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I open it from Bridge, I should have some other problem, I am opening old photos that I am sure there were no clipping at all and all of them are clipping a lot in highlights. What settings can be causing this problem ?

This is another example, I'm sure there were no clipping in this photo, I worked on this a few weeks ago, I already printed it and it looks fine, color of lady's dress and boy in the left shirt's are solid red, this problem is ONLY in camera raw, Bridge and PS show real colors! ..... as you can see in the photos problem is almost only in red tones.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Edited by Gerardo

I have a PC laptop running Windows 10 home and Photoshop CC. It is under 12 months old, and has 8GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 448GB free out of 921GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I run a cleanup program about once a month.

Ok, that all looks good.

11 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

This is another example, I'm sure there were no clipping in this photo, I worked on this a few weeks ago, I already printed it and it looks fine, color of lady's dress and boy in the left shirt's are solid red, this problem is ONLY in camera raw, Bridge and PS show real colors! ..... as you can see in the photos problem is almost only in red tones.

I think you're misunderstanding the problem here.

To me, it looks like the red clipping warnings accurately represent the clipping that is present in the photo in Bridge.  The problem is that the histogram doesn't show the clipping.

Better try this next: http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2009/10/resetting_bridges_preferences.html

Yes, here is another example, wondering if this problem with red tones in camera RAW is associated with my initial question about highlights clipping, white dress is also much brighter in camera RAW than in Ps. The only thing clipping in this photo was the light sign behind them, today white dress is clipping also.

Untitled-22 copy.jpg

Untitled-33 copy.jpg

Hi Damien,

I thought we've solved this problem when I did reset camera raw, I did not see more clipping after the reset because color profile went back to default (Adobe RGB) and I did not realize that at that moment, until recently when working with other photos, so I switched back to sRGB and clipping is back and my histogram is not even touching the far right side. So, at this point I worked in about 40 photos in adobe RGB,   I had couple more left to finish when I realized I was in the wrong color profile!.... other than highlight clipping, there is also a noticeable change in red tones, other colors do not seem to have a dramatic change.  Here is same photo in both color profiles, in the photo of the woman in red dress, adobe RGB represents the right color of her dress.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

IMG_5140 copy.jpg

IMG_5140 copy2.jpg

I just tried solutions for problem 1, did not work.

I have a PC laptop running Win 10 and Photoshop CC. It is over 2 years old, and has 8GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 432GB free out of 921GB. The last time I shut down was just before posting this thread. I run a cleanup program about once a week.