Puppet Warp

lsin

Hi damien - is it possible to use puppet warp / liquify to bring the babies head and bum upwards to a more curved position like the photo below from kelly brown? i tried to use puppet warp but the baby ended up looking disfigured!

9Q8A8989 - puppet warp.jpg

oh i know that - i don't think she used it but i have seen before and after of other photographers who have used it and Kelly's pictures are always perfect so i wanted to show that as an example of what i was trying to achieve if possible - i know i should have achieved the look on the day but obviously the baby had other ideas so was just wondering if i could make the baby "curvier" without it looking too fake (sorry for the long post)

Ok, I started by duplicating the file, so I could have two copies open side by side on screen.  This was necessary so I could be constantly referring to the original while messing about, so as to keep the child's proportions roughly correct.

Then, on the working one, I duplicated the Background layer, and Edit>Transform>Warp.  And bowed it down as shown:

warp1.thumb.jpg.335886b67b07ed91f927714e98ac9e9f.jpg

Once happy with that I went into Liquify, to mess around a bit more, to curve the back a little more, and make the head not so pointy, and so on:

warp2.thumb.jpg.ab2a968487de3dc69f37b7b591d84fe0.jpg

Then I copied the head from the original layer, brought it above, and masked it in:

warp3.thumb.jpg.a4cff64acfca2e4f56b3ef9a6ec7e1c4.jpgwarp4.thumb.jpg.66b0710b658f8901dbc20c5ad36cadb7.jpg

After your less-than-enthusiastic response, I re-visited that layer and rotated the head a lot more.