Calibration Issue/photoshop issue

Hi Damien 

I have just calibrated my Laptop using Spyder Pro 5. I have followed your instructions on calibration from your page to the best of my ability. It was my first time doing this. Once finished calibrating I then went into photoshop CC and edited one of my photos. I went to export the edited image (which looks how I wanted it to in PS) and it is grey and desaturated. I then looked on your page to read up on colorspace. I use ACR so made sure that was in SRGB. I then went to color settings and made sure my working space was in SRGB. I then went to assign profile to make sure the working RGB was in SRGB. And the same with convert to profile. I am at an absolute loss and very frustrated as I have alot of editing to do. I am not very savvy with all this as im still fairly new to photography. If you can help me I would be forever grateful. 

Thankyou! 

Ashten

1 minute ago, Ashten Hanson said:

I fell that the print and the screen are pretty on par maybe a bit brighter on screen but im struggling when i go to export the image from photoshop it is a completely different color.

Export it where?  In what program are you viewing the exported files?

Ok so i have read through and made the changes to SRGB in the blue link at the bottom of ACR like your article said. Now the colors are slightly better then before they are still exporting green/grey tinge? like desaturated?

Photo 19-9-17, 11 57 17 am.jpg

Its probably hard to tell on the photo but its more prominent in real life 

Ohhh ok so if ive edited the image how i like it once i send to print ect it will be close to the edited image not the export window image? 

I have only ever used the export window because i spose i havent been shown any other way lol? Is there a better way to save? 

Where are you viewing it to make this judgement?  Remember that not all programs are colour-managed.  That means, not all programs show colour correctly.  Only view your images in Photoshop or Bridge, never Windows Viewer or anything like that.

Likewise, only ever use Firefox for your web browsing, NEVER Chrome or Internet Explorer.

1 minute ago, Ashten Hanson said:

Just when i save image to pictures on my computer after editing?

Right.  Only browse your photos using Bridge.  Do you use Bridge?

2 minutes ago, Ashten Hanson said:

I was using chrome but just followed all instructions and downloaded firefox.

Great.

2 minutes ago, Ashten Hanson said:

Does this image look desaturated to you?

It doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter what it looks like to anybody.  The only thing that matters is that it matches its pro lab print.  As long as you can trust that what you see on screen is exactly what will print, then you can change your editing any way you like.

3 minutes ago, Ashten Hanson said:

No Im still quite new and basically self taught so I havent used bridge but willing to learn!

Oh, Bridge will change your life!  It's SO important.

Watch this video: https://www.damiensymonds.net/importing-video

Then this one: https://www.damiensymonds.net/bridge-video

And please ask any questions you wish.  Bridge is awesome, and I want to help you incorporate it into your life.

4 minutes ago, Ashten Hanson said:

Ok so probably the best thing for me to do is order this image from the lab and see what the result is when it arrives :)

I look forward to hearing.