ACR and Photoshop colour "glitch"

Hi Damien,

As i discussed in my email last week, I'm having an issue with reds in ACR and PS... any advice would be appreciated, but please explain things to me like I'm a 3 year old as I'm very new to this.....

i read through some of the other threads on here and, honestly, most of it was gobbeldygook to me... I tried contacting Adobe Chat and they said there was no issue and they couldn't see the colour difference...

2017-10-05 (1).png

2017-10-05.png

I have a PC laptop running win 10 and Photoshop cc 17. It is under 2 years old, and has 4GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 48.8GB free out of 107GB. The last time I shut down was more than 24 hours ago. I rarely run a cleanup program.

3 minutes ago, OliviaField said:

and has 4GB of RAM

This will be part of the problem for sure.  4GB is only half of the minimum that Adobe recommend for running CC.  I urge you to make sure you don't have any other programs running while you're using Photoshop.

4 minutes ago, OliviaField said:

Its hard drive has 48.8GB free out of 107GB.

This is a very small hard drive, and will also be contributing to problems.  Make sure you keep things as lean as possible, so you have as much free space as possible.  Photoshop needs that.  Do you have any other internal hard drives, or only C?

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

This will be part of the problem for sure.  4GB is only half of the minimum that Adobe recommend for running CC.  I urge you to make sure you don't have any other programs running while you're using Photoshop.

This is a very small hard drive, and will also be contributing to problems.  Make sure you keep things as lean as possible, so you have as much free space as possible.  Photoshop needs that.  Do you have any other internal hard drives, or only C?

no - everything i save gows straight onto my external harddrive

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

Oh gee, then you haven't lived!  How do you browse and cull your photos?  Bridge is ESSENTIAL.  It will change your life.

https://www.damiensymonds.net/bridge-video

hahahahaha i told you i was very new.... i havent seen photoshop since my year 8 infotech class!!! i just copy off my sd card into meticulously named folders and then cull later...

is this what you wanted to see?

2017-10-18 (2).png

See at the top, kinda towards the right-hand side, how it says "Essentials" highlighted in yellow?  Click on "Filmstrip" beside it, I find it more useful.  It will give you a bigger view of the chosen image.

However, even at this size I can see that the raw files look ok in colour, yes?

Did you check the settings in the "black boxes" article I gave you?

I’ve done step 1 - restarted the comp afterwards and of course there was an update that needed to be done... so now I’m waiting for that to finish 

And yes - from what I can see, the colours look like they’re supposed to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Ok.  Next thing to try.

In Bridge, go to the Edit menu, and choose "Camera Raw Preferences".  When that window comes up, is there a checkbox for "Use Graphics Processor"?  If so, is it checked or unchecked?

checked