Can I do global edits in raw on jpeg files?

I shoot jpeg and cull in bridge. I was wondering if I could do global edits in camera raw on jpeg files before pulling them into photoshop to do the final edits. I know I have better control with raw but went back to just shooting jpeg to save myself time and space in the long run. I didn't know if I could save a little time to batch edit a set of jpegs for exposure before going into photoshop. I need to take the raw class, but just haven't found the time.  When I do shoot in raw and go into photoshop my images say they are 12x18 inches compared to a jpeg straight into photoshop is 78x52 inches. Not sure if that matters (and may have just made myself look stupid!) but it worried me so I just quit working in raw. I haven't been able to find any articles that tell me if I'm exporting to PS wrong or at the wrong size. I have PS6 and edit on a pc. Thanks! 

21 minutes ago, Shelby said:

When I do shoot in raw and go into photoshop my images say they are 12x18 inches compared to a jpeg straight into photoshop is 78x52 inches. Not sure if that matters (and may have just made myself look stupid!)

Very stupid, yes.  The inch figure is completely meaningless.  Only the pixel dimensions matter, and you'll find they are exactly the same.

https://www.damiensymonds.net/art_resolution.html

I know, I plan to take the raw class this winter once things slow down. I tend to just edit the ones that have good exposure and get rid of the rest. I know I will do my same edits on top of any raw adjustments I make so it seems like it would just be adding time into my process. Not to mention the storage space. I accidentally edited jpegs instead of my raw files in raw one time because I chose the wrong folder. I didn't realize that I could do that and wondered if it might be a way to save a little time. I didn't know if it was too much to adjust a jpeg file in raw. 

Ok, I always do a little adjusting before I start my layers and masks I learned in your classes, so I was just thinking maybe it could be a time saver to batch them in raw. Thanks for replying!