Calibration darkness

I have 4 prints.

I am using LR and PS to view them and they both look the same. I am using the CC version of both. Yes. My room that I edit in, during the day is very bright. I recalibrated with luminance at 80 and it is still markedly darker. I sent this off to Millerpro for test prints because my album for a client came back really dark.

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

Yes. They put the text there. They are all dark backgrounds. They were the only ones we were having trouble with so that is why I submitted those for testing. Should I submit other types to see?

Oh yes, the albums will be different.  But ignore that for now.  All that matters is to establish your calibration perfectly against prints.  Once you have a perfect print match, that's your part of the job done.  Then, if they print an album badly, you have a platform from which to argue for a free reprint.  Do you understand what I mean?  Once you can say "My screen is calibrated with an X-Rite device and is a perfect match for your prints", then you can also say "So you f&*ked up my album, print it again."