Prints do not match monitor

2 minutes ago, SueRoberts said:

I can't really see how I can increase my room lighting.  I mean I can turn the lights on but they are on in the evening.  I could probably change the bulbs but they already bother my eyes. 

Then the next most affordable solution is to buy another monitor to plug in to your computer, and edit on that.

3 minutes ago, SueRoberts said:

All of the prints I have ordered previously were great.

What??? No they weren't!!!!!  They were dark, you just said so.

1 minute ago, SueRoberts said:

i said they were a tad darker than my monitor

Right.  Therefore, they CANNOT be described as "great".

Just now, SueRoberts said:

I do have an Asus monitor that I use for work right next to my Dell so maybe I'll try that one.  If I do, should I calibrate it to match my prints that I have now.  

Of course.

So I got the prints back today and they looked great!  So, it was just the collage!  Yippee!  Also, I really think I was too critical when looking at my prints.  I kept re-reading your resources and I was trying to get them to match perfectly.  I did calibrate the Asus monitor this morning and going to try editing on this and see what happens.  

Thanks for your help.  

So I talked to the lab.  They said I ordered the collage print with no color correction but that I ordered the prints with color correction and that is why the collage print turned out bad because they printed it as is.  I find that hard to believe because I ordered prints and canvases in September with no color correction and they turned out just fine, just like my prints usually do.  

This last batch I ordered through the ROES program which is a download on your computer and stands for "Remote Order Entry System".  This was the only way I could order the collage. So then I ordered the prints and canvases (which I haven't received yet) through ROES also.  All of the other orders in the past is through the website.  

They are sending me a voucher for a reprint, but I wonder now.  I really don't think it was on my end, Damien.  I'm going to do the collage in Photoshop and upload it to the web as a 16x20 print and see how it turns out.  

I'm a bit bummed because I like this lab, but now I'm just not sure what the heck is going on.  

I want to be confident that what I'm doing on my end is correct.  I have a client that I feel is going to order some canvases and this will be my first big canvas order for a client.  The others were me and family that I ordered for.  

• Sad 1