Best tools to use to fix skin & Dress?

JoC

Hi there :) I'm wondering what tools would be best to remove the dry patches from the baby's head (currently I would use the patch tool), and also the best way to remove the wet patch on the dress so it's the right colour again.

Thanks!

DSC_6617.jpg

Sorry, I'm new here... read and done. 

Very grateful for your help. I have money set aside for one of your courses so advice on which one to start with for editing images such as this one would be appreciated too! 

DSC_6617 dress crop.jpg

DSC_6617 head crop.jpg

7 minutes ago, JoC said:

DSC_6617 head crop.jpg

The patch tool is definitely a legitimate approach here.  The only thing about that tool is that it can get tricky when you get very close to hairs - have you found that?

Here is another method I tried (a combination of this and this).  How does it compare to your patch tool one?

Flakyskin.thumb.jpg.42668d1fe701e4b8bb708307e9add2df.jpg

Do you think this would be ok?

wetdress.thumb.jpg.215429f4f18ef66d1999e8cbfc19bc31.jpg

16 minutes ago, JoC said:

I have money set aside for one of your courses so advice on which one to start with for editing images such as this one would be appreciated too!

I hope you'll start with the Raw Class. It's the first step in the workflow, and everything hinges on it.

The patch tool is so quick and easy - yes a bit tricky around hairs but doable. Will check out the fixing skin link later - looks like a great method to have under the belt, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Do you think this would be ok?

wetdress.thumb.jpg.215429f4f18ef66d1999e8cbfc19bc31.jpg

I hope you'll start with the Raw Class. It's the first step in the workflow, and everything hinges on it.

Of course that would be ok for the dress. Looks great. :) 

I feel pretty on top of raw editing - I use bridge and PS - what would be next on the list?

5 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Trust me.  On the basis of this photo, I can confidently say you are NOT on top of raw editing.

Ha - how did I know you'd say that ??

On 11/18/2017 at 8:47 AM, JoC said:

I feel pretty on top of raw editing

haaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! So funny. Thanks for telling me how wrong I was. 

• Like 1