Question about your I1 Pro instructions

Hi, Damien!  I finally upgraded to a better monitor (Dell U2415 -thanks for the recommendations).  I used your instructions for the I1 Pro and I have a question.  You mention turning off anything that looks suspiciously like the monitor trying to be clever.  Would that include disabling "ClearType Text"?  It is turned on by default and here is what the dialog box states:

ClearType is a software techonology developed by Microsoft that improves readability of text on existing LCDs (Liquid Crystal Displays), such as laptop screens, Pocket PC screens and flat panel monitors.  With ClearType font technology, the words on your computer screen look almost as sharp and clear as those printed on a piece of paper.

I went through the steps, and it gives you several screens of text to choose the one that is most clear (not unlike an optomotrist saying "1 or 2? Now 3 or 4? Okay 2 or 3?").  My concern is that if it's increasing sharpness of text, is it also doing that to images or is that a completely different application.  I am not tech saavy at all.  And just for kicks, I went in and tried to turn that off, and it keeps going back to the "on" setting.  So I'm unsure if I can actually turn it off anyway.

The color calibrated beautifully and it matches my prints.  I would say that the contrast on my monitor is a little stronger than on my prints though.  What do you suggest?  I had left the box to manipulate the contrast unchecked.

calibrate-2.jpg

calibrate.jpg

• Like 1