Hi,  Enjoy your time off Damien.  I have a photoshop project in which I am adding many layers using "place"  I now get a message saying my scratch disc is full.  I googled this question and it told me to look at this screen.   I have 3 times this many more photos to add.  Do I need to start again using open image instead?

Thanks

scratch disc is full.jpg

• Like 1

You are very right, there is a problem here.  I thought that I have been using my "E" storage as my Main and know that I have lots of room there.  With your lead, I discover maybe the issue is that my "C" is too full plugging things up (and then find these files are double and am confused on organizing them, afraid to delete anything in case I delete everything).   I ran the suggested link above and deleted a large amount of Temp files.

Computer info For Damien.jpg

5 minutes ago, Cheryl from Canada said:

Computer info For Damien.jpg

This is still very very very very very very very very bad.  You're darned lucky your computer even starts up properly.

Brian says you should have at least 1/3rd of your C drive free.

You MUST start clearing up space.  Don't do any other editing until you have done so.  You're in very dangerous territory.

5 minutes ago, Cheryl from Canada said:

This is what I see now

Computer info For Damien. after jpg.jpg

This is better, but still not the 1/3rd that Brian recommends.

2 minutes ago, Cheryl from Canada said:

So, I think you have helped me identify my problem and I thank you.  I notice that when I place a photo in to my project, it is a small size.

Do you literally mean Place?

17 minutes ago, Cheryl from Canada said:

There are 250 photos in this collection in one file on my computer,  it 235 MB.  Only about 60% have been added to the collage to date. so I don't have the exact size.

Great! Then everything sounds exactly right.

Just concentrate on freeing up your drive.

Hi Damien, I hope your time off was pleasant.

After cleaning, we worked on the project again, did fine for a bit now get scratch is full again.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of more of my  C storage.

But, can I just change this panel so that I have my E storage checked instead of C in photoshop-preferences-performace tab?

computer Dec 13.jpg

Photoshop preferences performance.jpg