Intel graphics 520

Kathy1

Question

I purchased a Lenovo yoga 900 computer.  Ive downloaded my HP monitor driver.  When I try to download Intel graphics 520 driver from Intel it tells me manufacturer specific driver is installed and could cause an issue.

I am able to go thru the calibration but The issue I'm having is I cant change profiles. I have installed Damien's profile to toggle and I see no change.

Here is what Photoshop says its using...

NumGLGPUs=1
NumCLGPUs=1
glgpu[0].GLVersion="3.0"
glgpu[0].IsIntegratedGLGPU=0
glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=1024
glgpu[0].GLName="Intel(R) HD Graphics 520"
glgpu[0].GLVendor="Intel"
glgpu[0].GLVendorID=32902
glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="20.19.15.4326"
glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=16384
glgpu[0].GLRenderer="Intel(R) HD Graphics 520"
glgpu[0].GLRendererID=6422
glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1
glgpu[0].GLDriver="igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32,igd12umd32"
glgpu[0].GLDriverDate="20151118000000.000000-000"

9 answers to this question

Right. You have to get the graphics driver from Lenovo. Even though they use Intel's Chips, the driver is brand-specific. 

I'm sorry to say, profiles and calibration is kind of Damien's thing. I'm going to move this thread to the Land of Misfits for others to chime in. 

If there isn't a updated Lenovo driver available, and the monitor profile isn't sticking, you are kinda screwed because it's a laptop. More often than not, laptops are "orphaned" by the manufacturer. A laptop is really only supported for about 90 days, then it's replaced by another laptop model. Updated drivers...good luck. You MIGHT get one update or two, that are from 3 years ago. This is one of the main things that I hate about using laptops for photo-editing.

Yea, I am screwed.  I paid $1400 for this laptop two months ago.  I contacted Lenovo support and they said the driver cannot be changed/updated and it is not going to work with my monitor.  I do need the Nividia dedicated graphics.  They were unable to suggest a work around.  I am now in the market for a new computer... again!  Help me.  I saw on another post you recommended an ASUS that is $1600.  Is that still your pick for a laptop?

Personally, I don't recommend laptops for photo editing. Ever. 

But people keep asking and I'm tired of repeating myself. If you check threads in the Windows Forum in Ask Brian, you should see a few threads. 

Brian, I did check the threads and saw the Asus 17.3 inch ROG model.  I also saw a 15.6 inch Asus that looks as if the difference is size only.  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1183449-REG/asus_gl552vw_dh74_i7_6700hq_16gb_1tb_128ms3_windows_10_64_15_6.html   

Would you recommend this was as well as the model in the thread above?

If you choose 1 TB for the capacity, the price lowers to $978.99

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1183450-REG

I'm no fan of small SSD Drives. People are generally creatures of habit and dump / install / save everything on a C: Drive. They never do a custom install to install software on a D: Drive. Yes, having a SSD Main Drive is great, boot up times are quick, but a 128GB drive won't do you any good if it's full. 

• Like 1