Calibrating for different products?

Hello,

I have calibrated my machine so that the images on my screen match the prints that I typically order from my lab.  I recently placed an order at the same lab for a different product - they were flat lay cards with one image on each side.  When I got them back, my son looked green - completely different from my monitor.   I then sent one of the images to the same lab to be printed as a regular photo print.  I just got it today, and it looks fine.   Is this expected from most labs?  Do you have to calibrate for different products that they make?

Lol you called me out. I think we canignore that for now, that’s on my end. It’s remnants of marker on his hand  from coloring that I didn’t bother to deal with. Here’s a phone snap so you can see how different the photo print vs the flat print card are.  Top is the photo print, which matches my monitor. 

D26DAF8D-7FC7-4197-9622-AF66A38E9EDF.jpeg

So when I first got the flat lays I though wow I need to recalibrate. So that took me a few days (and there really was minimal If any changes). By the time I got the photo print back  and did some research on their site  it was Friday here so I need to wait till Monday to be able to call them. I did confirm on their site that all files should be in rgb (someone had suggested the card could be a print product and that it should be cymk profile). I also confirmed I did not request color correction on either order. 

So long way way to say, no, I haven’t talked to them yet. Any suggestions for specific questions to ask them?

Lol let’s ignore that for now that’s on my end. It’s remnants of marker on his hand  from coloring that I didn’t bother to deal with. Here’s a phone snap so you can see how different the photo print vs the flat print card are.  Top is the photo print, which matches my monitor.