Printing 5 x 7 for 8 x 10 mat

I would like to print a 5 x 7 and put it in an 8 x 10 mat that has an opening for a 5 x 7.  If I print a straight 5 x 7 I won't have an additional boarder to tack it to the mat. How should i print this out so that I have a 5 x 7 photo, but with extra board to tack to the back to the mat, but so that it is not seen in the photo (borderless)? Do you, by chance, offer a course on printing? I was on the FB page and just found the forum. I've been a way from all of this for the last quarter b/c of business travel. Trying to get back into it now that I'm home.  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Much appreciate.  Lori

Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to answer AND deleting my duplicate threads. I was on my mac and having issues when trying to post. I didn't realize it had posted three copies. sorry for the extra work.

• Like 1

Actually, the opening is 4 1/2 x 6 1/2.  If I print the 5 x 7 some of the picture will be cropped. I would like to make the image so that it will fit in the opening, as I shot it, but still have a 5 x 7 so I can have something to tack to the backside of the mat.  Does anyone know how I can do this?