Splotchy Black Background

Adinah

Hi. I'm wondering if  someone in the group can help me with an image.  The black bckgrnd is not completely even. I can't seem to correct it without messing up the entire image. I've given up.   Losing my mind.  Anyone?  Please!

DSC_5592_darker2.jpg

The problem with that is.. I did not save a psd file prior to the point of realizing it was this way. I thought i was done with it.  Then realized..not when i reopened it.  So..yeah..I messed that up.  

This will make the whole photo crazy washed out, but importantly, it will give you a very clear view of where the flaws are in the background.

Return to the Color Fill layer, and with a white brush (100% opacity) very carefully paint over those flawed areas until they disappear entirely.

Once you've finished, turn off the Levels layer, so you're viewing the photo in its normal state again.  Turn the Color Fill layer off and on a few times to make sure you haven't accidentally painted over the baby in any places.

17 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Once you've finished, turn off the Levels layer, so you're viewing the photo in its normal state again.  Turn the Color Fill layer off and on a few times to make sure you haven't accidentally painted over the baby in any places.

Be very thorough with this checking process.  When I tried this fix, I found I very easily messed up the fingers a bit.  So I had to zoom in and fix it very carefully.

Here is what i have managed to do.  But you can see where it is still on dads arm and a bit on moms.  Are you able to check it?  I can't figure out how to fix this.  Can i pay you to fix it?!  :o

I sent the psd file to you via email.  Not sure if it went through or not.

DSC_5592_darker-background fix.jpg

Hi.  Honestly, i haven't had time to redo it.  :/  I do accounting 8-10hrs a day. So by the time i have a moment to work on my business/editing my brain is fried.