Folliculitis

Miss Sally

Hi There,

I have a mom who suffers from a condition that causes unsightly facial hair.  She treats the hair for removal but it causes a severe case of folliculitis.  I've read that the dust and scratches filter can help with severe baby acne.  I'm wondering what settings you would suggest for this level of editing OR if you could suggest something better.  

I have tried doing it by hand but the area on the edge is impossible to address.  

Thanks for any help.  

Folliculitis.jpg

15 minutes ago, Miss Sally said:

wait...that explains it....i uploaded the first one....not once but twice!  lol

Lol! glad you got it figure out! hehe that's a much better view. :)

Have you done any editing to this image yet, or is it SOOR (only raw editing done)?

Thank you.  I edit in a different manner.  Coming from a film background, grain (or noise in digital speak) doesn't bother me.    
I tried following your directions for full noise "removal" and I was really uncomfortable with how processed and plastic the effect was.  

I thank you for your time and trying to help.  I've figured it out for the most part.  Thank you.

Folliculitis_pull back.jpg

33 minutes ago, Miss Sally said:

Thank you.  I edit in a different manner.  Coming from a film background, grain (or noise in digital speak) doesn't bother me.

For as long as you persevered with this flawed reasoning, your photos cannot be their best. Please update your thinking.

But they're not overprocessed. :)  Leaving any noise means you can't sharpen for output properly, which necessarily means that your output files are, by definition, not as good as they could be.

Just some food for thought for you: http://www.damiensymonds.net/2015/10/noise-reduction-and-sharpening-leap-of.html

• Like 1