Default Photo Size At Opening in Photoshop

My images used to open automatically at 16% size in Photoshop. After an update, when I open a photo, it is shown at 1%, tiny. Which adds an extra step for me to make it larger. For the life of me, I cannot find where to set the default size at opening at 16 or 20%! Please help.

I don't know if it's clear - the image opens at 1% size as default, very small. I then have to either hit Ctrl + multiple times or go to the bottom left corner and change the 1% value to 20%. It used to open at 16% by default.

It could be a simple workspace problem, or it cold be a worse glitch. 

Let's rule out the important stuff first.  Please do this for me.

Then, with no photos open in Photoshop at all, go to Window>Workspace>Reset Workspace.  Then restart Photoshop, and see if the behaviour has changed.

THANK YOU so much for helping out! Here's what I have:

I have a PC laptop running Windows 10 and Photoshop CC 2018. It is under 2 years old, and has 16GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 7GB free out of 16GB. The last time I shut down was earlier today. I have never run a cleanup program.

Damien, thank you for taking the time to help troubleshoot. I accidentally stumbled on the solution. If you go to Window -> Workspace and change Essentials (Default) to Photography, your photos open at normal percentage to fit your screen.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:01 AM, Damien Symonds said:

No, this can't possibly be right.  Please check again.

Can you check on this for me?

16 minutes ago, Alina said:

Damien, thank you for taking the time to help troubleshoot. I accidentally stumbled on the solution. If you go to Window -> Workspace and change Essentials (Default) to Photography, your photos open at normal percentage to fit your screen.

Great news.