Multiple Questions re editing in Elements 12

Kate00

Hi Damien

I do have quite a few questions on a variety of topics that have been buzzing around in my head. I hope that it is ok to ask them all in once message. I will try and keep the questions as concise and too the point as possible

1. I have your B&W conversion action which is great but how do I get a Red Filter effect with my B&W photos

2. Mask and Layers class access - does access to this class have an end date if so when does it expire?

3. Levels - So I have my nice clean edited images and now I have no idea where to start on photoshop editing. If I upgrade to the deluxe class can I post a couple of Clean edited images so that you can suggest what if any needs tweaking as I really am struggling just getting started with this process. Also can you advise the cost to me to do this upgrade this week please.

4. Levels - So you have created a layer for specific area of an image that you want to edit, you complete a levels edit but then you want to do another type of edit for the same selected area. Do you edit within the existing layer and if not how can you select the same area in another layer with out having to re select it. (Hope that makes sense)

5. In Mask and Layers class you talk about the brush tool. In the Levels class you talk about the selection brush - whats the difference and when do you use one over the other?

6. Stacking images - I am wanting to have a go at Astro photography and I live in an awesome location to try this. How do I stack images and do I edit before or after stacking?

Appreciate your help with these various questions

Hi Kate,

11 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

1. I have your B&W conversion action which is great but how do I get a Red Filter effect with my B&W photo

Find an example and post this question in the "How to ..." section.  Make sure you read the posting guidelines of that section before starting your thread.

12 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

2. Mask and Layers class access - does access to this class have an end date if so when does it expire?

All of my classes are for 12 months at a time.  So it expires one year from when you signed up.  I'll send you a reminder email at the 11-month mark.

13 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

3. Levels - So I have my nice clean edited images and now I have no idea where to start on photoshop editing. If I upgrade to the deluxe class can I post a couple of Clean edited images so that you can suggest what if any needs tweaking as I really am struggling just getting started with this process. Also can you advise the cost to me to do this upgrade this week please.

More than a couple!!!  That's the whole point of Deluxe membership.  I would hope that you'd post dozens, even hundreds, of photos for me.

Apply for your upgrade here.

15 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

4. Levels - So you have created a layer for specific area of an image that you want to edit, you complete a levels edit but then you want to do another type of edit for the same selected area. Do you edit within the existing layer and if not how can you select the same area in another layer with out having to re select it.

Please read the class again.  This is all covered.

15 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

5. In Mask and Layers class you talk about the brush tool. In the Levels class you talk about the selection brush - whats the difference and when do you use one over the other?

Please read BOTH classes again.  It's very clear.

16 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

6. Stacking images - I am wanting to have a go at Astro photography and I live in an awesome location to try this. How do I stack images and do I edit before or after stacking?

I'm so sorry, this is beyond my experience.