Red Filter effect for B&W

So i am used to getting a really nice effect using a Red Filter for B&W images when I used film/negative. How do you get the same effect with digital imageing

I don't have any examples of my own and after reading the rules for this post I have shared a link to a photo page that shows an example of what a B&W image looks like with and without a Red Filter

Hoping this is acceptable - Thank you

https://photografeed.com/understanding-camera-lens-filters

I'm so sorry.  This is done using Channel Mixer, and I see from your profile that you have Photoshop Elements, which doesn't have Channel Mixer.

However, there are workarounds possible, in some cases.

I'll need to see more links to examples, though.  That one is just darker, you know?  It could be just as easily achieved with Levels.

I wonder if this is the kind of thing you've seen?  The first photo is a colour original, the second is a standard black-and-white conversion, the third is a red Channel Mixer conversion:

mel1.thumb.jpg.986e932d24277a6043c73e7840a0a87a.jpg

mel2.thumb.jpg.5c354be66a1b4f9b81228db72f75c8c6.jpg

mel3.thumb.jpg.9ecc4a18ca61c2966e94142cd3be2fb5.jpg

Typically, red channel conversion tends to make blues (like water and sky) really dark.

ok. i wiill see if i can find some more examples though mindful of copyright ...there is actually heaps of really good examples when i google it is not sure if sharing these images is copy right considering they are readily available on the net..your thoughts please as i dont have any examples of my own to share

Too Explain may be a little better is that the Red filter - especially in landscape makes any red and green tones really light and any blue tones as you have mentioned really dark. Its the way it treats the contrast of these colours - in B&W is what is really appealing to me

Just now, Kate00 said:

ok. i wiill see if i can find some more examples though mindful of copyright ...there is actually heaps of really good examples when i google it is not sure if sharing these images is copy right considering they are readily available on the net..your thoughts please as i dont have any examples of my own to share

As long as you share links to them, it's absolutely fine.  Make sure it's a link to the page they're on, not directly to the image.  We need to give credit to the owner.