FB banding on background, even after noise added

How to do I know in PS if I've added enough noise to prevent banding on my backdrop? I did not see the banding in PS after the noise was added but it appeared like crazy on FB.

Should I be worries about the print output?   OR is there a better method to preventing this type of banding?  

Thx  Karyn 

8P7A3354-copy.png

8P7A3356-copy.png

I don't see as much on my post here. I'm seeing a ton of circular banding on FB (looks like where my strobe was spilling off on the backdrop).  I did upload to FB as a PNG. I tried jpg at 70% quality and my images posted a lot less crisp. I'm a little obsessive about sharpness. I was going crazy when I noticed dad's eyes weren't tack sharp in the second photo posted, but I loved the pose so much more so I tried to save it anyway. 

Yes my FB page is www.facebook.com/capturedbykaryn 

I was not aware of that! So I've been resizing and sharpening for Web at 2000 or 2048 long side and save as png24.  What size or quality would I need to save the png at to get below 1mb? Thank you for taking a look! 

Try it yourself and see!  Download one of the photos from Facebook, and voila!  You'll see it's a jpeg.

9 minutes ago, Capturedbykaryn said:

What size or quality would I need to save the png at to get below 1mb?

Well, you have to watch the size as you're saving.  Generally I find that 960px is ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Samantha LaRue said:

Try posting it as a jpeg, at 2048px wide, at level quality 11 and compare.

This is exactly how I save my photos for FB.  2048 is the size that renders best on phones and tablets, so that's what I go with rather than 960.  Be sure to sharpen properly for web, of course, and this is about the best you can do to get around FB's compression algorithms. 

• Like 1