underwater

Hi Damien-

I'd like to achieve the faux underwater effect like this:  sports-senior-picture-ideas-04-960x675.j

For some reason the image got cut off a bit, but on the original image it's more obvious that there is a watery overlay.  Here is a pool water image as well.  Poolwater_at_Straddie.jpg

I've attached my image I'd like to apply the effect to.  I know the water and the girl are at different angles, but I figured that for this exercise these images will work.

Thanks for any tips/help!

Ginger

20180426_10730.jpg

Trying again, I'm on my phone, so I'm not sure this will work. (When I tried from my computer earlier, it took me to a slideshow of images, which is why I sent the link to the single image.)

http://www.seniorsbyphotojeania.com/senior-picture-ideas/sports-senior-picture-ideas

it's the underwater swim one. 

34 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Come on, let's keep it legal.  You can't just rip off somebody else's photo to use for your work.

Sorry, I was shortcutting.  :-(  I have a water image that I obtained legally years ago, but I couldn't find the original source info and wasn't comfortable uploading it.  Thus the quick look on the fly for one.   But, you're absolutely right.  Here's a legal free option:  https://pixabay.com/en/water-swimming-pool-bathing-travel-1018808/

It's probably a result of the thickness/position of the ripples in the water photo, but in some spots of her hair the lightness/coloration stands out a bit more. I suppose I could gently mask those areas.  The spots I'm seeing are in her hair next to her right ear and the clump of hair over her right bicep.