I've been having some color issues when viewing in Bridge and Photoshop. I've been working on a booklet for a client and the template is CMYK. This is new to me and I don't know if there are setting I should be aware of when placing the photos into the template. I work in sRGB, but notices that there is a Proofing Setup in the View menu that is checked to CMYK. I've never really noticed this before and was wondering if this affects my photo editing color? Hope this makes sense. Thank you.

On a side note the company provides me with stock images for models. I work with a cosmetic company.

No, I used it for another project and it was fine, except for the fact that it was my first time doing this type of work and I had and still have little to no experience with it.

Found the site. It's called PrintRunner. We were going to use the company until one of the people on the team wait until last minute do edits and then we had to go local to get it done in two days and shipped overnight cross country. So that's my story.

PDF for final files and make sure I have enough space for bleed.

I think my question right now is what is the Proof Setup under View suppose to be set at? I've never looked in there and freaked out because it CMYK was checked. That may be the default for all I know.

The template is CMYK and my images are sRGB. Things are looking a bit better but I would still like to know if that setting in the Proof Setup is the default.

Thank you! Got it! But just to make sure when I put the sRGB images onto the CMYK template I should be fine, correct? I'm thinking the problem I was seeing may have been the color profile in some of the stock images. Going to check that going forward. Converting to PDF shouldn't affect the outcome, right?

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

Have you got detailed specifications from the print company you'll be using?  About their file requirements?

PLEASE answer the question.  I want to see a complete copy of the requirements the printer sent you.