Action not working

Guest Chip

Hi Damien,

I have recently switched from PC to Mac and have installed the latest PS and Bridge.  I am therefore wanting to install your actions starting with B&W.  I have clicked the link and it is showing in my action list however I cannot run it.  I am also going to embark on all your courses again as a refresher as I am hitting a few walls with the difference between Mac and Windows within Adobe. Please can you help me run the action (and point me to any links re switching from Windows to Mac within your site).  Thanks

Hi @NikkiD2,

3 minutes ago, Guest Chip said:

I have recently switched from PC to Mac

I'm sorry to hear that.

3 minutes ago, Guest Chip said:

it is showing in my action list however I cannot run it.

This usually happens because you're clicking on the name of the action set.  You have to open the set and select the name of the action inside it, then it'll play.

Of course, I'll be able to help you further if you show me a screenshot.

I click on the one below 'Damiens BW method'  also called the same- press play and it jumps down to 'make fill layer' and I get this pop up...

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 5.10.53 pm.png

previously in windows it would just roll out the toggle options in my layer list...

I can't remember ...ok I'll have to I guess

I am also reading your link above re colour space, and selling Digital files etc...I use Adobe and Bridge and the blue link you refer to at the bottom of bridge doesn't exist on my Mac?

Found the action finally - yay!! 

Just stick with changing my colour profile in bridge & ps - I'll tackle bridge first :

617417347_ScreenShot2018-07-22at12_37_40pm.thumb.png.4f8cd16dc21e895e5b1c2845503e2ed1.png

So in Bridge I can select an individual image like above and click on this white link, and choose941064936_ScreenShot2018-07-22at12_45_57pm.thumb.png.1de18ad51600ccaec2f1f4327e7e1df9.png

Is that right?  Is there a way I can permanently apply this colour space to all images all of the time?  and finally...once moved into PS then what?  Do I have to do it per each image there also or can I set a perm colour space for all images?