Calibration and brightness level

Finally, i have calibrated using spyder 5express. Did it 5 times. The only way to get the color to match prints the best was to jiggle the color options myself a little after calibration. Is this ok?

Also i cant get the monitor brightness any lower so my prints appear darker than the image on screen. Is this a problem?

6 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

Finally, i have calibrated using spyder 5express. Did it 5 times. The only way to get the color to match prints the best was to jiggle the color options myself a little after calibration. Is this ok?

Yes and no.  You can jiggle, sure, but then you have to calibrate again after the jiggling.

7 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

Also i cant get the monitor brightness any lower so my prints appear darker than the image on screen. Is this a problem?

It definitely is a problem.  It sounds like your room light isn't bright enough?

ok.. Will Calibrate again and leave settings which i have adjusted or reset back to default?

By room light isnt bright enough. Do you mean when calibrating or when comparing images?

40 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

ok.. Will Calibrate again and leave settings which i have adjusted or reset back to default?

Leave them as you've adjusted them.

40 minutes ago, Kate00 said:

By room light isnt bright enough. Do you mean when calibrating or when comparing images?

Your normal light.  The light you edit in.  And yes, comparing images.

Afternoon

Got brightness sorted and i thought i had the color matched to prints though reviewing again today i just cant get the colour correct compared to printed image. Infact printed image looks real warm = not quite right....suggestions?

Have adjusted to a warmer setting and have re calibrated. Still not ideal but a bit better. I think i will just go with this for now and post some raw images for you in deluxe and then get some more prints done again to compare again. 

• Like 1