Best method to save in PS export or save as?

I recently did a photoshoot for another photographer and she has told me that she specifically wants them exported at 300dpi and 36 inches on the longest edge. That they SHOULD be well over 10,000px on the longest edge. Usually  the files I provide to clients are around 6016px on the longest side.  I normally just save as JPG under File in PS after I have done all my editing. I leave it at a 10x8 or 11x8 ratio so that they can print as they like without having to crop too much if its a different aspect ratio.  
She told me that I had to EXPORT AS from PS and that is exactly how I should be saving every single one of my files when I provide the client with a digital file.  Is this correct? 

I have attached a screen grab of a photo and details that I had printed of my own family that I took and edited. I had it printed at 40inches on metallic. It turned out beautifully. I have attached an example of her photos that she is wanted me to EXPORT AS and ensure its 300dpi and 36inch at longest edge. She has told me she wants to print it to canvas but not sure what size at the moment.

I have gone through the logic and cannot work out if her method is necessary or not? To me it seems its the same as just enlarging the photo to a specific size and saving? My camera outputs 6016 on the longest edge, so even if do her method I am just adding pixels that arent in the original?

"Please Explain" as Pauline  says.

fb_3.jpg

fb_4.jpg

The thing about idiots is that they're idiots.

It's not worth the hassle of trying to explain to her why she's wrong.  Just do what she wants, even though it's stupid.  It's easier that way.

37 minutes ago, Rikki-Lee said:

To me it seems its the same as just enlarging the photo to a specific size and saving? My camera outputs 6016 on the longest edge, so even if do her method I am just adding pixels that arent in the original?

You are correct.

38 minutes ago, Rikki-Lee said:

She told me that I had to EXPORT AS from PS and that is exactly how I should be saving every single one of my files when I provide the client with a digital file.  Is this correct?

No.  NEVER do this for any other client.  You know better.

• Like 1