Opening Files in ACR

Hi,

I'm trying to batch edit in ACR and my photos keep looking like this. My camera raw is usually a much lighter grey, as well, so it almost looks like the whole thing has gone to a "negative" look. I tried to open up one at a time, and they still look like this. I tried searching the Facebook page and this site, but I'm not sure exactly what search words are right. None of the ones I'm using, anyway.

If it's something really obvious, you'll have to excuse me. I'm pretty sick right now and not really thinking well.

Weird.jpg

I have a PC laptop running Windows 7 and Photoshop CC. It is over 2 years old, and has 8GB of RAM. Its hard drive has 724GB free out of 916GB. The last time I shut down was last night. I rarely run a cleanup program.

It still happens if I open up one at a time.

The darker gray background color of your ACR is just because of the latest update they rolled out, so that's not related. :) 

I'd worry that this is because these files are corrupted -- have you checked with old raw files that you know didn't behave like this before?  Does this happen with them, or just with these files you've got screenshotted here?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Christina Keddie said:

I'd worry that this is because these files are corrupted -- have you checked with old raw files that you know didn't behave like this before?  Does this happen with them, or just with these files you've got screenshotted here?

That is an excellent question. I'm glad you asked. It is doing the same thing with files that didn't behave like this before. Which I think is good(?) because if these files are corrupted, I will be very upset.

• Like 1