extreme banding in sky

so i just got these images printed in an album, and for the first time ever i have extreme banding in my skies.  I can't see it on my calibrated screen, and i always print 4x6 tests before, can't see it there either, but when my lab open them on their screen they can see it, and it so bad that i can't leave it, its levels of banding almost like a rainbow all around them but i have no idea how to remove it, i tried adding noise etc, but since i can't see it i don't know if i am getting rid of it.  i have never had this happen to any of my images, and can not think what was done differently to these images

HR1499.JPG

HR1589.JPG

HR1710.JPG

HR1746.JPG

HR1630.JPG

If you take your images into PS and add a levels layer above them, you can see the banding by moving the middle slider all the way to the right. 

banding.PNG

How to fix it will depend on what caused it to begin with. I'd open up your PSD file and place that levels layer on top, then turn off all the other layers and turn them on one at a time until you find the one that introduces the banding.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @jeanninedippenaar said:

I can't see it on my calibrated screen, and i always print 4x6 tests before, can't see it there either, but when my lab open them on their screen they can see it

Are you sure you didn't just do something silly like send them jpegs saved at extremely low quality?

• Like 1