Signature File Question

Stu

Damien, I have a client that wants me to update their email signature as an image file from a combination of two previous versions. They have provided me the previous versions both in PNG and one in EPS format. I don’t have illustrator. I can open the EPS file in PS but it needs to be rasterized. It’s a fairly simple cut/copy/paste job to get the image looking how he wants it but just want to check with you what other considerations there are with this and if I can in fact do this acceptably in PS. Both PNG files attached. He simply wants the ‘john@winder.co.nz | 0211 788 589’ from one file below the WINDER’S TINYHOUSE FACTORY on the other.

House factory oneword white.png

John Winder LTD, mail, phone.png

That’s a good question. I don’t think he really knows. He just wants to look good and not degrade if added to documents/letterhead or printed. I thought PNG would be best for this but not my area of expertise by any stretch.

Update – he now also wants me to create these for his staff. So, updated email addresses and phone numbers. There are no previous versions of these, so I’ll need to create them. I do have the font files.

Well, "best" is a moving target.

If "best quality" is the goal, then it must be a vector file like EPS or PDF.  But the average programs like email and Word and stuff might struggle with those.

So yeah, PNG is probably safer, from a "best usability" point of view.

In which case, no, I can't think of any special considerations.

• Thanks 1