Glasses Glare

OlgaR

Damien, what would be the best way to remove the glare from the glasses?  Thank you!

(I've done raw processing and levels work.  No sharpening has been applied yet)

IMG_6854 - levels.jpg

IMG_6854 - R glasses.jpg

IMG_6854 - N glasses.jpg

Edited by OlgaR

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

This one is more difficult.  This is the best I can manage:

Olga2.jpg

Would it be good enough?

Um, yes!!!  That's awesome!!!  How did you do it please? :)

1 hour ago, Damien Symonds said:

For the camera-right eye, simply patient low-opacity cloning.

Damien, stupid question... what would you consider "low-opacity"?  Are we talking about 10% or more like 3%?  And also, any tips regarding the target area when cloning?  Did you sample from the upper lid and then kept resampling as you went along or did you sample from a different area of the face?
Thank you!!

3 hours ago, OlgaR said:

Um, yes!!!  That's awesome!!!  How did you do it please? :)

Download the PSD file

First, duplicated the Background layer and did a bit of basic cloning and healing, with the main intent of getting one good eye.

Then I copied some chunks of that eye as needed, moved them over and used them to repair the other eye.

• Like 1

Ooh, thank you so much for both answers and the file!  I'll have to play with it tomorrow.

Last few questions: for the Healing part, you use the Spot Healing brush with Content Aware  (not the Healing brush), correct?

When you copy the chunks of the eye, you just select, copy and paste, right?  No need to worry about it being a smart object or anything like that?

4 minutes ago, Damien Symonds said:

Actually, it was the Patch Tool.  For the patch on the far left.

Damien, don't kill me, but where is there a Patch tool in PSE? :(  I have Spot Healing, Clone stamp and Sponge, but cannot find the Patch tool.

Alright..
One down, one to go.  How did I do?

(And also, when cloning, what is the best way to be able to undo what was done?  I think the eraser is destructive, right?  I've been using a layer mask, but wanted to make sure there isn't a better way.  Thank you!)

IMG_6854 - R glasses fixes.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OlgaR said:

(And also, when cloning, what is the best way to be able to undo what was done?  I think the eraser is destructive, right?  I've been using a layer mask, but wanted to make sure there isn't a better way.  Thank you!)

Well, it depends on the situation.  If you cloned something in the right place, but just the wrong colour or whatever, simply clone over it.

But yes, if you cloned onto an area that wasn't supposed to be cloned onto, masking.

• Like 1

Phew!  That was much more difficult than I thought.  I ended up leaving some of the glare on the camera Right eye because otherwise I'm struggling to make the inside corner of the eye to look realistic.  Thoughts?
Thank you!

IMG_6854 - N glasses - fix.jpg