Device not found on new computer

I recently upgraded to a Dell xps 8900 with Windows 10.  I followed the instructions and installed the eye-one match 3 software.  When I try to calibrate on the new computer it says device not found.  I tried every usb port on the new computer (they don't work with my calibration device but they all work with the mouse I tested them with).  I then plugged the calibration device into my old computer and it worked fine.  Any thoughts?  The only thing I noticed was  when I downloaded the software it only mentions Windows 7 (not Windows 10).  No idea if that could have anything to do with the issue.  Thanks for any thoughts! 

Yeah, that's REALLY old now.  Maybe all your ports are USB 3, and the device can't cope?  I'm not sure.

It's a moot point anyway, because your new screen is very likely LED, and the old X-Rite devices don't work well for LED screens, we're told.

:(

I had a feeling it was just too old.  My screen is the same (I had it as an external monitor for my old laptop but am now using it for my new desktop).  It could very well be the ports.  Off to read about recommendations for new calibration devices!  Thanks!